Sunday, July 16, 2006

ERM, CLOVERS?

The house just got a wee bit more Irish.... Look what popped up in the flower pot of the fern!

Wondering if it will harm the plant, or if we should just leave it be and hope that one day it'll sprout a lucky four-leaved clover and we'll strike 4D... I mean, stranger things have happened no? We didn't even know clovers/shamrocks/whatever in the world these are even grew in Singapore... Perhaps we have some sweet migratory bird to thank for this.

In any case, spent the weekend chilling out, mostly. T'was nice and peaceful. Had a couple of unexpected "visitors", like this chap, who was happy to hang out by the window and pose for snapshots... Also turned our most recent crop of chilli padis from Hotstuff into an EXTREMELY potent garlic chilli sauce... My lips are still burning from tasting as I was going along - and that was yesterday. Ah well... I'm sure I'll figure it the art of making it without suffering eventually. Hotstuff is thrilled with all the new space and has rewarded us with another 30 or so little ones that are starting to ripen.

In any case, things have been as good as they can be with one half of TeamWilliams on crutches, heh. Wanting to give me a day out (yay!), Pete and Pradeep conspired to whisk me to Colbar for a quick lunch today. The chicken curry and big greasy fry up combo.... Fantastic (note to self: We have to go to Colbar more often, it really is a wonderful place...). Was starting to get cabin fever so I was pretty thrilled. While I have been working from home and actually been rather busy, there's just something about being out and about and actual human interaction that is unreplaceable...

Second high point of the day - we went to catch the VERY superb Superman Returns before I ended up missing it altogether. Attempting to navigate a crowded mall was not fun, but it was completely worth it. Sigh. I donno what it is about that movie - and the Man of Steel - that's just so timeless... And while I have a very soft spot for Christopher Reeve, Brandon Routh (incidentally, a Libran, too) is absolutely GORGEOUS. And I think the updated get-up is so cute... Swoon... Okay, will drop the giggly teen routine now.


I wasn't too impressed with Kate Bosworth (though I'm quite sure Pete was, haha). Thought she did a better job in The Horse Whisperer (which was a better book than a film in any case, but I digress). The opening credits didn't rock my world either... My heart was pounding from hearing the theme song again, but after a while, all that twirling and whirling started to make me nauseous (that might have been the mid-afternoon shandy though, ah well). But otherwise, its a 10/10.

Next up: Pirates of the Carribbean... Maybe I should dress to the theme - with an eye patch and a parrot, the crutches will simply complete the look.... Yo ho ho....


Art..

Comments on "ERM, CLOVERS?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jul 20, 06:02:00 AM) : 

send some of that chilli over here, will ya?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jul 20, 06:50:00 AM) : 

great pics!!

 

post a comment