Sunday, May 13, 2007

FINALLY... PUTTING A CORK IN IT....

Now that I am finally seeing straight again, here comes the update on our lives etc etc etc.

Both of us came back from Thailand only to be stuck down simulataneously by some horrid respiratory thing that caused near-mayhem. I reckon it had was what had already started creeping up on me before Bangkok, but apparently it was misdiagnosed, which means the first four days of antibiotics was pointless. I came back sicker than I was. Needless to say, I think Pete might have proceeded to catch it from me.

It was pretty tragic. Both bedside tables filled with mounds of antibiotics, cold, cough, throat and what not else medication, with whoever was feeling less awful than the other doing the refills for water, making dry toast etc. Not the most fun. That said, at least we were able to climb the walls together.

Ah well. At least we're both beginning to feel a little better, and even managed to get the final instalment of pictures from Ireland (sigh, don't laugh la. It's been a mad couple of months) off the ground.

These are the final snapshots of Cork and some... when I caught my first fish (almost!). I was kinda distracted when the fella took my fly and, sigh, he got away (really!). Either way, fell head over heels for fly fishing and Pete n Dave promise no less than two straight days of it in the summer. I cannot wait. I think it took both boys completely by surprise how I took to it like a, erm, fish. haha. I guess they figured it was a boy thing... When I outfish them in the summer, then they'll know! Muahahaha! Now, all I have to do is get used to being in the boat and throwing out my line without hooking someone's head/coat/line. Pete says I am actually half decent despite (and he didn't even add "for a girl"!!).

It was amazing being back in Cork. Have to say, I am actually starting to think of it as a second home. Was kinda strange how I remembered where everything was and could just about navigate around myself. I guess some places just grow on you real quickly. Wish we had more time there though.



Oh, realise in hindsight that some bits of the Birmingham video might seemed to not have had a head or a tail. Sorry, my state of mind was on the way out of the door when we threw together that post. The initial shots are of Warwick Castle, which is down the road from where Gwen lives, and the life-like statues/bears etc are part of the Madam Tussaud exhibit. It was pretty amazing. My heart almost forced itself up my throat once though, when what I thought was a statue suddenly turned around and asked if I was having a nice day! Could have died. Turned out to be one of the favourite tricks of one of the curators.

We also checked out the Rose and Crown near Warwick, where Gwen works part time and does the flowers for. Also managed to pack in a trip to the Cotswalds, and a trip down to the Royal Shaespeare Company and the church where the good man (who apparently was, incidentally, bi/gay) is buried. It was pretty amazing being there, not least so I could tell the man to his face, erm, grave, how annoying some parts of As You Like It are.

It was great, despite, like Cork, having spread ourselves a little too thin this time. Felt like we were perpetually on planes and packing. Next time we promise ourselves more time to breathe and settle down. Plus, it will be the summer, which will be great. Seeing the Emerald Isle in a different light and all that.

Plus, fishing! I swear, the time will not fly (pun fully intended) quickly enough....

Love,

Art

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "FINALLY... PUTTING A CORK IN IT...."

 

post a comment