Wednesday, October 18, 2006

20/10

Sadly, the rumours are true, alas, the Artster has crossed the big bad barrier into ..... 20/10.... of course, never without drama...

To be honest we were both had a huge week, and were already feeling a little fragile going into the weekend, but when have we ever let that get in the way of a party right?

The evening started off beautifully - a pre-dinner drink at Attica's courtyard, and then up to the Coriander Leaf for Indian fusion (appropriate no? haha). Its always been a special place for us, even back when it was at the Gallery Hotel, and its a place that Gladys, Gwen and Andy will surely remember too. We had a wonderful bottle of Rioja, some fabulous food, and a very embarassing episode with a singing waiter.

Of course the highlight of the evening was my pressie, which you can thank for the lovely shots of the party that followed at The Whisky Store. Just as nice and so very fun was the specially designed 20/10 wrapper and cake, courtesy of course of Pete.

So... The party... Well it was a little bit different from the usual bashes... But some of the people I love most in life made it there, and I hope they had a good time.

For those of you who made it, a big big thank you for helping me stagger into the wrong side of 30, it's gonna be a hellava ride.

And for everyone else further than drinkin' distance, thank you for your emails, cards, calls and thoughts. You were missed, and are all invited to be here when I turn 20/11, 20/12, 20/13..... etc etc etc.

Judging from my slow recovery from the night (hence the delayed upload of pictures), they may not be as wild (erm, we'll see) - the parties, I mean. But as long as everyone is there, I am sure it will be as wonderful...

Love you guys heaps, and enjoy some of the snapshots of the night... (nothing incriminating... I promise... I think...)

Art





Comments on "20/10"

 

post a comment