Thursday, May 18, 2006

BLINK, AND THEY GROW UP.



In a blatant reminder of how quickly time flies (insert cliche cringe here), my nephew Lavin (Honey's son) graduated - with honours - from Wharton Business School over the weekend.

Congrats Lavin!!

The proud grandma headed to Pennsylvania for the graduation and seems to have had a blast (it was her first time attending a graduation in a freezing football stadium. Quite an experience I imagine).

I'm pretty blown away about how quickly he grew up while I wasn't looking. I remember when he was born, and his first trip to Singapore as a baby. I recall him as a quiet kid and a lanky, studious teen... I also remember looking at Honey's three and thinking: Gee, I must the youngest aunt in the world. And now *blink*, they grew up when I wasn't looking. And I am no longer the youngest aunt in the world.

In another indication of my spent youth, next month, my other nephew, Hash, will graduate from the University of Manchester, which is, incidentally, the next stop of Mum's World Tour.

I feel OLD.

Comments on "BLINK, AND THEY GROW UP."

 

post a comment