Sunday, February 18, 2007

FOTOS AND FINAL PREPS...

Pete's been trying to get me used to our extended family of Canons, and I've been trying to get a little pratice on the S2s before taking the EOS 300 on a spin and wasting a whole lot of film because I'm so used to clicking away on a digital camera and then deleting away the crappy shots.

Kinda intimidated by the prospect of having to thoughtfully compose a shot because every single one (sighs) is gonna be costing me money... But I guess in the good ole day, that was how photography went.

Anyways, figured I would post some of my practice shots. Comments, feedback, tips or thoughts are most welcome. These two were taken down by the pool on Sunday, and I'm pretty proud of the one with the butterfly since I only had once chance to capture the moment before the little thing flew away.

Taking the EOS 300 out for its virgin adventure in a couple of minutes, and scratching our heads trying to figure out where would be 1) nice to take photos, 2) bustling on Chinese New Year, when the country seems to go into virtual meltdown. Wish me luck... will post a couple more pictures if any of them turn out well.

Actually, while I very much welcome the Year of the Pig (since the luck of the Dragon is meant to get much better, sorta kinda - and believe you me I need all the luck I can get, and Pete's luck is meant to be pretty good too), the whole Chinese New Year/Chingay deal has kinda made preparations for our trip kinda tricky, since the country is on "off mode" today through Tuesday, and next weekend Orchard Road is closed for the Chingay Parade, which can only mean mayhem.

Anyways, we're still managing to tick some things off the list, including the kids' presents and a whole lot of made-in Singapore curry powder.... Don't ask.

Okays, gotta run - running out of daylight hours to take pictures. Here's wishing a Happy And Prosperous Chinese New Year to all who celebrate it! May your lives be filled with fortune in the year of the pig! Gong Xi Fa Chai, Wan Shi Ru Yi!!

Art & Pete

Ps: A warm welcome to Raps, who finally found us... Good to see ya again mate... Enjoy the blog!

Labels:

Comments on "FOTOS AND FINAL PREPS..."

 

post a comment