Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HOME SWEET HOME...

Am finally back from Bali and ever grateful to be home.


Don't get me wrong, covering the UN climate talks was a wonderful, eye-opening experience, even if it was exhausting, and I know years from now I will still be talking about having been there as climate change history was being written. Even so, I really missed home, Pete, family and friends, and because of the sheer intensity and long hours, two weeks felt like a really long time, especially this close to Christmas. Plus, now I can pay $1 for a Coke light and $2.50 for chicken rice. Yay!


Have tried to get into Christmas spirit and put all the preparations on high gear, but after one false start, I realise I am still feeling somewhat lost and a kinda scattered, like I haven't really landed on both feet. Not entirely sure why but hope it passes real soon, especially since we are running out of time. Have gotten the tree done, though, so the house looks quite cheery. Will post a pic soon.

Either way, figured I would check in and say hi. Will blog more later. Before I go though, here's a little snippet from Bali:



This is little Malia Nuemann - the youngest greenie at the conference, complete with her own accreditation pass. The three month old is the daughter of one of the journos covering the event, and is still being breastfed, hence found herself in Bali. The UN let her in the first couple of days, and then one insisted she get her own pass... Spotted her in the media room and could not resist getting a shot. Cute huh?

Anyways, gotta get back to work. Will check in again soon.

Art.

Comments on "HOME SWEET HOME..."

 

post a comment