Monday, May 21, 2007

NEW WEEK, NEW LOOK....

So as you can tell, we spent a bit of our weekend coming up with a fresh look for the ole' blog, with a new specially customised masthead designed by non other than Boy Wonder Williams. It looks a bit cleaner I think. Bits of it will change more drastically as I start taking out some elements and adding new ones. Do let us know what you think. What you hate, what you like. At least we'll know that the effort means something to someone out there! But at least I am inspired now to put a bit more effort to it. I am still desperately trying to get my head around html and all the labelling stuff. I will. Erm, eventually.

One of the things we were trying to experiment with was the photos/layout, but there's been a bit of the glitch with the files, so hopefully that will eventually sort itself out. Meanwhile, here's a taste of Pete's Chinatown adventure earlier in the week. He snapped it at one of the Chinese temples. Its one of those things they use to burn paper offerings I think:


And since we're still on the topic of Boy Wonder, realise that I never posted the page that Pete won the SND award for. Here it is with the citation. I'm not sure how it will look sizewise, but I have to say its one of my (many) favourite pages he has done. How can I not gloat?


Oh, we also discovered a FABULOUS place this weekend. Erm, okay, discovered is the wrong word because Carl and YP pointed us to it (thanks guys!) - Graze at Rochester Park. I hear the Sunday brunch is brilliant, but we ended up there for Sunday dinner instead. No regrets though. The setting is amazing, food superb and service excellent. Actually don't have a bad thing to say about it except that the prices on the wine list are kinda saucy. But this is Singapore, where bars get off charging the world for alcohol. Still, we were very satisfied. The lounge at the end of the restaurant was showing old black n white films, which was a nice touch. Would be a great event venue.

Menu recommendations: The stacked eggplant as a starter was absolutely brilliant. I had the avocado cheese salad thingy that I cannot for the life of me remember the real name off which I polished off completely. It was that good. I had the whole baby fish with sambal (bit chicken rice type chilli, but not bad) as a main and Pete had the pork chops, which were huge and really well barbequed and still juicy on the plate (from Pete: Fantastic criss cross and golden on the outside, but juicy on the inside). We were both quiet for long enough for anyone to know they were both amazing, though the mass potatos were a bit humm. But Pete's Irish, so potatos not done perfect are always already questionable. Was too full for desert but the menu looked out of this planet (note to self: do not eat before going to Graze again).

We topped off the night with Pete's virgin foray to St James Power Station. Bellini Room was closed, which was a bummer, but we got in a few at Movida, which was all salsa, and Powerhouse, which was playing, well, the more upbeat stuff. Caught up with a couple of friends and my one of my fav cuz', which was loads of fun. Will definitely be back there sooner than we think.

Oh, in other news. We are now proud owners of a *drumroll* grilled sandwich maker. Don't laugh. I swear I have always, always loved grilled ham n cheese sandwiches, something for which Pete has a weakness for too. Mum use to make fabulous ones in a silver-and-grey one that has since gone rusty (it is, I suspect, older than I am). Anyways, while we were out today, there was one that was simply too sweet to resist. It makes grilled and toasted sandwiches, toasted pastries and grills veges, sorta like a BBQ. Of course, the first thing I did when we came home from dinner was suggest we make ham n cheese toasties for supper. My hips will never forgive me, but it was oh soooooo good for the soul.

Tomorrow morning, BLT toasties for Pete, Nat and me. Might as well cash in when enthusiasm is able to triumph over morning-time grumpiness. Heck, it may even make us feel a wee bit better about being at work.

Art

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "NEW WEEK, NEW LOOK...."

 

Blogger Eugene said ... (Mon May 28, 06:01:00 AM) : 

hey! nice shots guys!

 

post a comment