Thursday, December 20, 2007

TW PRESENTS... LE TREE


There ya go... I guess its really Christmas. I can't believe that despite how crowded the base looks, we're nowhere near done shopping! Trying to coerce myself out of the house to make something of the bank holiday, but cannot bring myself to leave the sanity of home. Its utter madness out there. Tis' the season for happy pills. God knows I am gonna need them...

As you can tell, its considerably smaller than our tree two years ago, when my metric-self failed to realise that "a couple of feet" added up to more than I thought. This year Pete, thankfully, was on tree duty, which means our living room hasn't disappeared in a forest of green. Its all of 7-something feet tall, and the house smells of pine. Festive indeed.

So, Christmas is 96 hours away and counting. Looks like we're keeping with our mish-mash of tradition this year. Turkey, roast lamb, mint and cranberry sauce AND curry, sayor lodeh, Myanmar styled chicken. Should be chaotic but good fun. Looking forward it... Well, to everything but the dishes after...

Art
XXX

Comments on "TW PRESENTS... LE TREE"

 

post a comment